Subject: Re: git-send-email and msmtp

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:11:43 +0100

Aneesh Kumar wrote:

> I am using msmtp to send email using git-send-email. The problem i am
> facing now is vger.kernel.org is dropping the mails generated by
> git-send-email. When i am sending the same patch as an attachment in
> thunderbird everything works fine. So i guess it is not the patch
> content that is getting filtered. Any idea how to find out what is
> causing the patch to get dropped and how to fix this.
> 
> The header of the patch that was dropped is

Probably problem with vger.kernel.org checking your server if it
is permitted to send mails. I use sendmail, and have solved this 
using my gmail mail account as SMTP tunnel/forwarding using
  define(`SMART_HOST',`[smtp.gmail.com]')
msmtp can do something like this. Ask chexum on IRC.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git