Subject: Re: StGit repo & gitweb, was Re: [PATCH] merge-recursive: add/add really is modify/modify with an empty base

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:56:37 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Yet another question: On repo.or.cz, I searched for the "commit" "8d41555" 
> (upper right side, very nice, although the search button is lacking, which 
> is needed for some browsers like w3m). 

The problem is where to put it. The previous version didn't even had the
"select type" but used [undocumented] search operators 'author:',
'committer:' and 'pickaxe:'.

>                                        But I got _two_ results, the one I  
> expected, and its child (probably because it contains the sha1 as part of 
> the parent tag). Is this intended behaviour? After all, I search for the 
> commit...

Actually, "commit" is a bit of misnomer, as it searches commits contents
(commit body). You can go to given commit easier by hand editing URL,
editing "a=commit;h=8d41555".

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git