Subject: Re: StGit repo & gitweb, was Re: [PATCH] merge-recursive: add/add really is modify/modify with an empty base

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:39:25 +0100

Petr Baudis wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:46:56PM CET, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>> Not that it matters: repo.or.cz has a nice mirror. Pasky, how powerful is 
>> that machine? I am a happy user of the gitweb interface on that box...
> 
> See http://repo.or.cz/about.html - two-processor P3 800MHz with 2G RAM,
> and it does quite some work besides doing repo.or.cz as well - there are
> no load problems so far, though. The gitweb load in particular is pretty
> low, though - I think it's about 350 requests per day; the periodical
> mirroring is far more intensive, but the intervals for this could be
> reduced greatly if that would become a problem.

Do you do "git repack -a -d" (and "git prune-packed"), or do you use
some kept packs?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git