Subject: Re: confusion over the new branch and merge config

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:40:53 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:

>> Only *if* you store it in that tracking branch.  The name the
>> other party gives _do_ matter to you anyway, because you have to
>> _know_ it to fetch.  What it does NOT matter is if you use a
>> tracking branch, or if you do, which local tracking branch you
>> use to track it.
> 
> Having said that, I think we _could_ do this.
> 
> If you (or other people) use branch.*.merge, with its value set
> to remote name _and_ local name, and actually verify that either
> form works without confusion, please report back and I'll apply.

Hmmm... that DWIM is even better than proposed some time ago localmerge
(or mergelocal, I don't remember) config variable.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git