Subject: Re: Git log of all (modifying) commands run on a repo?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:29:56 +0100

[Cc: [email-masked]]

Bill Lear wrote:

> I thought that it would be very useful to have a history of git
> commands that have been run against a repo, in order to hopefully
> debug this sort of thing --- perhaps only those that modify the repo.
> 
[...]
> Would this sort of thing be easy to do?  I presume git does not
> currently have support for this, but thought I would ask.

If all commands were run via git wrapper (and all scripts would
use git-command version, perhaps with exception of gitweb), it
would be fairly easy to do (although this should probably be
repository config variable).

Is history of shell commands too short? Reflogs doesn't help
(concatenate all reflogs, perhaps preceding them with file name,
and sort by date) either?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git