Subject: Re: [RFC] More diff possibilities in gitweb

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:51:51 +0100

[Cc: Martin Koegler <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]]

Martin Koegler wrote:

> The whole is implemented in JavaScript on the client side (tested with
> IE 6 and Mozilla). On the server side, only the JavaScript file is
> included in the output (see below). 

I'd rather not use JavaScript for that, but perhaps add in the history
view (shortlog, history) selectbox to select commits (for shortlog, and
history of a directory) or versions of a blob/file (history of a file)
like in an "info" view e.g. in MoinMoin wiki:
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitSurvey?action=info
JavaScript can be used to beautify this like e.g. MediaWiki engine
does:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Darcs&action=history 
(to allow selection of diff only in forward direction).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git