Subject: Re: suggestions for gitweb

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 02:41:10 +0200

Aaron Gray wrote:

>>> * the history/log pages could contain some statistics for the commits 
>>>   like the number of files changed and lines added/removed
>>
>> Probably.
>>
>> The three last items should be relatively easy, if somebody is
>> interested.  Pasky, Jakub, what do you think?
> 
> I would like to see lines of code and file sizes too.

Diff statistics for difftree / whatchanged, or diff shortstat is a bit
costly, as it needs to generate and examine diff, and not only compare
trees. Besides --numstat doesn't support renames well now, but that
might not be an obstacle.

Lines of code and file sizes: file size needs additional invocation
per each file for gitweb; it would be easier for cgit. Costly! Counting
LOC is even more costly: take note that 1.) gitweb operates directly
on repository / object database, and does not use working area, 
2.) git is snapshot based and not changeset based.

Of course like in the case of other costly features this migh be enabled
at will using %feature hash...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git