Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: Add support for grep searches

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:58:28 +0200

[Cc: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>, 
 [email-masked]]

Petr Baudis wrote:

> The 'grep' type of search greps the currently selected tree for given
> regexp and shows the results in a fancy table with links into blob view.
> The number of shown matches is limited to 1000 and the whole feature
> can be turned off (grepping linux-2.6.git already makes repo.or.cz a bit
> unhappy).

Ack, FWIW.

By the way, I wonder if we should make search context (view) sensitive.
For example for 'history' view search would be limited to given pathspec,
grep search in a 'tree' view would search given tree only.

Additionally it would be nice to have links from search results page to
have search match highlighted, like search results on GitWiki.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git