Subject: Re: just fetching HEAD of repository

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:56:44 +0200

Stian Haklev wrote:

> After checking all the docs, I am still wondering if there is a way to
> get only the last commit from a given git repository. Sometimes I
> really just want the latest code so I can compile it - and let's say
> they are not running gitweb, or it is not convenient to go to gitweb
> and ask for a tar package to be made? This is especially relevant in
> countries with slow internet connection - here in Indonesia it takes
> me an hour to clone the git repository for example, never mind let's
> say the Linux kernel.

Depending on what you want, try either:

  $ git clone --depth=1 <repository URL>

or

  $ git archive --remote=<repository URL> HEAD

(if the remote side supports it)
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git