Subject: Re: HTTP trees trailing GIT trees

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:15:49 +0200

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> On Thu, 24 May 2007, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> 
>> So, we're asking for /ffmpeg/info/refs, and the server is returning 
>> c30fa8391812..., but, using GitWeb one can see that c30fa839812... is 
>> not the last commit, this one is: 
>> http://git.mplayerhq.hu/?p=ffmpeg;a=commit; 
>> h=47d7dcb5a7d89f413064e7ef1b54d77e59fb8375
> 
> So, info/refs is still old. This file should have been updated by 
> git-update-server-info. I am not sure how this repo is updated, but I 
> suspect that the wrong hook contains the call to update-server-info, or 
> that the correct hook is not activated, or it does not have write 
> permission.

If you push to repository (it is the usual setup for public
repositories), it would be enough to simply enable default 
'post-update' hook (make it executable).

If you however for example commit to this public repository directly,
you would need to put call to git-update-server-info in the 'post-commit'
hook.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git