Subject: Re: Comment on weak refs

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:26:57 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Semantics
> ---------
> 
> Not all "softref" relationship is equal.  "This object is
> referred to by these tags" is one obvious application, and only
> because we already try to follow tags when git-fetch happens
> anyway, it looks natural to make everybody follow such a softref
> relationship.

Or "this onject is referred to by these _notes_", where notes differ
from tags on what is more important: name or comment (message). For
tags most important is the name, for notes most important is the
comment (which might be bug message, but might be correction to
commit message, or additional acked-by).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git