Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/7] reset: behave correctly with sparse-checkout

From: Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 17:31:12 +0700

On 05/10/21 20.20, Kevin Willford via GitGitGadget wrote:
> When using the sparse checkout feature, 'git reset' will add entries to
> the index that will have the skip-worktree bit off but will leave the
> working directory empty. File data is lost because the index version of
> the files has been changed but there is nothing that is in the working
> directory. This will cause the next 'git status' call to show either
> deleted for files modified or deleting or nothing for files added. The
> added files should be shown as untracked and modified files should be
> shown as modified.
> 

Better say `... but there is nothing in the working directory`.

> To fix this when the reset is running if there is not a file in the
> working directory and if it will be missing with the new index entry or
> was not missing in the previous version, we create the previous index
> version of the file in the working directory so that status will report
> correctly and the files will be availble for the user to deal with.
> 

s/availble/available

-- 
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara