Subject: Re: Volume of commits

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 02:40:41 +0200

Fredrik Tolf wrote:

> When I develop for myself, I usually commit incrementally quite a
> bit, if for no other reason because Git won't let me switch between
> branches if I don't commit first. I usually try to keep my commits
> well-defined, but I don't manage to get anywhere close to what I see
> when I look at the history of Linux or Git.

First, if you commit only to switch branches you can always instead
of adding commit on top of whis WIP commit, just --amend it.

Second, there is git-stash just created for saving state to go back
to it.

Third, I guess that the neat patch series are result of reworking
existing series using tools like StGIT (which I use and find very
nice to work with, going and correcting back and forth between patches
in series), or guilt (similar to StGIT), or git-gui, or new interactive mode
of git-rebase, or git-cherry-pick...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git