Subject: Re: [RFC (take 3)] Git User's Survey 2007

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:44:03 +0200

[Cc: Asger Ottar Alstrup <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]]

Could you Cc: me ([email-masked])? TIA.

Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:
> Jakub Narebski wrote:

>> I don't quite understand: what would be the question? Note that survey is
>> meant to help git community notice what needs improvements.
> 
> Maybe include a question about hosting?
> 
> Do you use, or have a need for, a git hosting service?
> 
> [ ] No
> [ ] Yes, an open source hosting service
> [ ] Yes, a hosting service for commercial projects

First, I think 65 questions is quite many, and I'd rather not add new
questions to the survey. Besides, git hosting service belongs to area of
git auxillary; we don't have any other questions about miscelaneus git
tools, or wishes for git support in tools (like bugtracker or hosting
service).

Second, the question is a bit ambiguous: is "No" mean "no need for git
hosting service, or not using git hosting service?

BTW. there are a few free OSS git hosting services, http://repo.or.cz
I think the most prominent: see http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitProjects

Third, the survey is (among others) meant to help git commuinity develop git
to be better. This question is not about this.

So, I think I wont be ading this queation, unless somebody convinces me...
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git