Subject: Re: git on Cygwin: Not a valid object name HEAD

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:13:58 +0200

>>  100% (2295/2295) done
>> Resolving 1793 deltas...
>>  100% (1793/1793) done
>> : not a valid SHA1b870df7cde1e05ee76d1d15ea428f
>> fatal: Not a valid object name HEAD
> 
> I suspect that there is no master branch on the remote side, but the 
> remote's HEAD points there.  Try "git ls-remote <url>" to find out.

I'm not too familiar with git yet, but to me this looks alright:

sschuber@xp-sschuber2 ~
$ git ls-remote git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/qgit/qgit4.git
6c4444edbc4b870df7cde1e05ee76d1d15ea428f        HEAD
6c4444edbc4b870df7cde1e05ee76d1d15ea428f        refs/heads/master
70cd59500e8113901333741d82bbd055f96787f6        refs/tags/qgit-2.0rc1
1fe8ecc6a47d47a883beab1afa4607b1ca5da698        refs/tags/qgit-2.0rc1^{}
29bb10bf0397924489a51adb759f2df4b17fc31f        refs/tags/qgit-2.0rc2
243cd78b72b1a4021d63829f62419f5483e70c7d        refs/tags/qgit-2pre1
738063eb6f0f8f706e5f8609eab003ab19628617        refs/tags/qgit-2pre1^{}
17245c4248feab0d0425355ab5ff1cd4d7f83872        refs/tags/qgit2-pre2
7e02b07bc910a1d49b2cb4846641e01b7f6512aa        refs/tags/qgit2-pre2^{}

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth