Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] fetch: use new branch_checked_out() and add tests

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 10:06:33 -0400

On 6/14/2022 6:10 AM, Phillip Wood wrote:
> Hi Stolee
> 
> On 08/06/2022 21:09, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:
>>           format_display(display, '!', _("[rejected]"),
>> -                   wt->is_current ?
>> -                       _("can't fetch in current branch") :
>> -                       _("checked out in another worktree"),
>> +                   path ? _("can't fetch in current branch") :
>> +                      _("checked out in another worktree"),
> 
> I'm confused by this, isn't path always non-null?

Yes, at this point it is. This message needs to change since we
no longer have access to the worktree. As noted in the commit
message, this case requires concurrent changes to the filesystem
to activate this logic, so having a simpler "branch is checked
out _somewhere_" message should work here.

Thanks,
-Stolee