Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] midx: trace2 regions and grab-bag patches

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:10:16 -0400

On 10/12/2022 6:01 PM, Taylor Blau wrote:
> Here is a small handful of MIDX and MIDX bitmap-related patches that
> I've been carrying in GitHub's fork for a while now and forgot to send
> upstream.
> 
> The first is a small typofix, and the second is a legitimate bug fix
> which allows us to consider annotated tags as bitmap candidates during
> commit selection. The final two are trace2 regions and instrumentation
> that I've found helpful when rolling out MIDX bitmaps in a production
> setting.
> 
> Sorry that these are so disjointed in nature ;-). I figured that it was
> better to send a grab-bag series like this than to hold onto these
> patches forever!

As advertised, this set of patches are all nice and small. I've found
the additional tracing useful during performance investigations and
unobtrusive otherwise.

Though they looked familiar, I gave them a careful read and have no
comments. LGTM.

Thanks,
-Stolee