Subject: Re: GSoC 2010

From: Sverre Rabbelier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:41:21 +0100

Heya,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 17:10, Daniel Barkalow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Also note that the current helper protocol is definitely insufficient to
> replace git-svn ('export' isn't actually specified, although I think
> everyone who guesses how it works guesses the same thing),

I've finally started implementing this yesterday.

> and the
> transport code needs to be extended to handle the "dcommit" situation
> (when you push a commit, the state that you see on the remote changes
> based on the semantics of what you sent, but it does not change to have
> the same hash as what you pushed).

So basically what you want to do is after you push, automagically do a
'git reset --hard @{u}'? That could be handled by a specific response
from the helper to the 'export'/'push' command, perhaps it could list
which refs need to be updated?

-- 
Cheers,

Sverre Rabbelier