Subject: [PATCH v3 1/8] t2407: test branches currently using apply backend

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:25:52 +0000

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

The tests in t2407 that verify the branch_checked_out() helper in the
case of bisects and rebases were added by 9347303db89 (branch: check for
bisects and rebases, 2022-06-08). However, that commit failed to check
for rebases that are using the 'apply' backend.

Add a test that checks the apply backend. The implementation was already
correct here, but it is good to have regression tests before modifying
the implementation further.

Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh | 13 ++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh b/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
index b6be42f74a2..4f59bc21303 100755
--- a/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
+++ b/t/t2407-worktree-heads.sh
@@ -54,7 +54,18 @@ test_expect_success 'refuse to overwrite: worktree in bisect' '
 	grep "cannot force update the branch '\''fake-2'\'' checked out at.*wt-4" err
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'refuse to overwrite: worktree in rebase' '
+test_expect_success 'refuse to overwrite: worktree in rebase (apply)' '
+	test_when_finished rm -rf .git/worktrees/wt-*/rebase-apply &&
+
+	mkdir -p .git/worktrees/wt-3/rebase-apply &&
+	echo refs/heads/fake-1 >.git/worktrees/wt-3/rebase-apply/head-name &&
+	echo refs/heads/fake-2 >.git/worktrees/wt-3/rebase-apply/onto &&
+
+	test_must_fail git branch -f fake-1 HEAD 2>err &&
+	grep "cannot force update the branch '\''fake-1'\'' checked out at.*wt-3" err
+'
+
+test_expect_success 'refuse to overwrite: worktree in rebase (merge)' '
 	test_when_finished rm -rf .git/worktrees/wt-*/rebase-merge &&
 
 	mkdir -p .git/worktrees/wt-3/rebase-merge &&
-- 
gitgitgadget