Subject: Re: I still use this/these

From: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2025 00:18:59 +0200

On Tue, Sep 23, 2025, at 00:11, S0AndS0 of Digital Mercenaries LLC wrote:
> Recently, as of `git version 2.51.0`, running the following commands be
> popping
> warnings;
>
>      git whatchanged <path>
>
>      git log --since="$(date --date='-2 weeks' +%F)"
>
> ...  Warnings stating those using certain features slated for removal should
> email y'all about `--i-still-use-this`. If there are alternatives I can
> alias,
> that will remain functional, please do let those like me know. Maybe via the
> same sorta warning system.

You can use

    git log --raw --no-merges

If you want the same behavior.

You can also replace `--raw` with `--stat` or `--name-only` if you want
the list of files without the filemode, hashes, and change type (like
M).