Subject: [PATCH v2 1/4] cmake: support SKIP_DASHED_BUILT_INS

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 12:41:42 +0000

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

Just like the Makefile-based build learned to skip hard-linking the
dashed built-ins in 179227d6e21 (Optionally skip linking/copying the
built-ins, 2020-09-21), this patch teaches the CMake-based build the
same trick.

Note: In contrast to the Makefile-based process, the built-ins would
only be linked during installation, not already when Git is built.
Therefore, the CMake-based build that we use in our CI builds _already_
does not link those built-ins (because the files are not installed
anywhere, they are used to run the test suite in-place).

Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
 contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt b/contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt
index c151dd7257f3..12c40a72bfff 100644
--- a/contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt
+++ b/contrib/buildsystems/CMakeLists.txt
@@ -685,13 +685,17 @@ endif()
 
 parse_makefile_for_executables(git_builtin_extra "BUILT_INS")
 
+option(SKIP_DASHED_BUILT_INS "Skip hardlinking the dashed versions of the built-ins")
+
 #Creating hardlinks
+if(NOT SKIP_DASHED_BUILT_INS)
 foreach(s ${git_SOURCES} ${git_builtin_extra})
 	string(REPLACE "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/builtin/" "" s ${s})
 	string(REPLACE ".c" "" s ${s})
 	file(APPEND ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CreateLinks.cmake "file(CREATE_LINK git${EXE_EXTENSION} git-${s}${EXE_EXTENSION})\n")
 	list(APPEND git_links ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/git-${s}${EXE_EXTENSION})
 endforeach()
+endif()
 
 if(CURL_FOUND)
 	set(remote_exes
-- 
gitgitgadget