Subject: Re: Git in a Nutshell guide

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:05:00 +0100

Jonas Juselius wrote:

> The guides, including the LaTeX source, are available via gitweb:
> http://git.jonas.iki.fi/gitweb.cgi?p=git_guides.git;a=summary

By the way, the description of this repository (for gitweb) is
"CVS to git migration guide", the same as for CVS2git.git
(shouldn't it be CVS2git_guide.git?).

> First, it seems that it was not entirely clear to everybody that
> it's possible to clone the repository:
> 
>   git clone http://git.jonas.iki.fi/git_guides.git

Thanks.

Perhaps you should have make gitweb.cgi with 
  GITWEB_BASE_URL="http://git.jonas.iki.fi"
then, or configure @git_base_url_list in gitweb_config.perl.

Do I understand correctly that you don't support cloning via git://
protocol?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git