Subject: Re: git guidance

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:41:01 +0100

Al Boldi wrote:
> Johannes Schindelin wrote:

>> By that definition, no SCM, not even CVS, is transparent.  Nothing short
>> of unpacked directories of all versions (wasting a lot of disk space)
>> would.
> 
> Who said anything about unpacking?
> 
> I'm talking about GIT transparently serving a Virtual Version Control dir to 
> be mounted on the client.

Are you talking about something like (in alpha IIRC) gitfs?

  http://www.sfgoth.com/~mitch/linux/gitfs/

Besides, you can always use "git show <revision>:<file>". For example
gitweb (and I think other web interfaces) can show any version of a file
or a directory, accessing only repository.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git