Subject: Re: Windows binaries for qgit 2.0

From: Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:10:03 +0100

Marco Costalba wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 9:52 AM, Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hum, I can't imagine this is the reason, it might be for another reason,
>> most certainly the static compiling.
>>
> 
> Static compiling is indeed a highly suspect. I'm now compiling as
> shared libraries, we will see...

Another suspect is that under Windows, at least with MSVC, it is 
strongly advised to not mix debug and release libraries as they have 
different memory models. I am not sure to what extend this advice is 
valid for mingw compiled libraries.

> 
>> Well, for the LyX project we used to use and distribute the patched
>> version of Qt in order to compile it with MSVC. Now, since Qt4.3.2 the
>> MSVC compilation support is enabled in the official release so you don't
>> even have to patch it anymore. I can send you precompiled dll if you
>> want.
> 
> Sorry for the stupid question, but, what ddl ??

The MSVC compiled Qt dlls :-)
Sorry too, I guess I was not clear enough.

Abdel.