Subject: Re: Windows binaries for qgit 2.0

From: Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:51:52 +0100

Marco Costalba wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 12:11 PM, Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Actually you might prefer to just use the LyX dependencies package that
>> we provide for Windows developers, it contains Qt. I paste here the
>> relevant part of our 'INSTALL.Win32':
>>
> 
> Thanks, I've tried it but without success because I need MSVC 2005
> installed, and currently is not.

Right.

> 
> Anyhow for now I have produced a version with mingw that seems more or
> less to work, when I have a bit of time I will install MSVC 2005 and
> try if with that compiler is better...

I would like to help you with that but I can't retrieve the repository:

$ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/qgit/qgit4.git qgit4.git
Initialized empty Git repository in d:/devel/git/qgit4/qgit4.git/.git/
git.kernel.org[0: 130.239.17.7]: errno=Invalid argument
git.kernel.org[1: 199.6.1.166]: errno=Bad file descriptor
git.kernel.org[2: 204.152.191.8]: errno=Bad file descriptor
git.kernel.org[3: 204.152.191.40]: errno=Bad file descriptor
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Bad file descriptor)
fetch-pack from 'git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/qgit/qgit4.git' failed.

$ git clone http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/qgit/qgit4.git qgit4.git
Initialized empty Git repository in d:/devel/git/qgit4/qgit4.git/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

$ git --version
git version 1.5.3.6.1791.gfd264

'git clone ssh://...' seems to work but I guess I need a login and password?

Maybe I am doing something wrong here? Sorry, my first time ever with git...

Abdel.

PS: Sorry for the cross posting but I guess this issue is maybe of
interest to msysgit people.