Subject: New behavior for git-branch?

From: walt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:57:52 -0800

Hi,

I've been tracking Junio's git repository for a year or two
and I've used git-bisect many times, but yesterday I got very
disoriented while using git-bisect and git-branch together.
I think I was confused by the output of 'git-branch -v'.

As an example of the new behavior of git-branch, here is what
I see this morning after pulling from Linus:

$git-branch -v
* master ae9458d Merge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6
   origin 8af03e7 Merge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc

(I discovered the -a flag just this morning.)

$git-branch -av
* master        ae9458d Merge git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6
   origin        8af03e7 Merge branch 'for-2.6.25' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc
   origin/master aa62999 x86: fix bootup crash in native_read_tsc()

In my confusion yesterday, I think I created a new 'origin' which
has nothing to do with Linus' repository -- but I'm not sure.

The old behavior of 'git-branch' always listed 'origin' as well
as 'master', but (I think?) that 'origin' is no longer displayed
using just -v.  Is this correct?  If so, what would be the right
way to un-bollocks my local repository?