Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Git Forum

From: "Kenneth P. Turvey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:19:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:32:59 -0600, Dill wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to set up a Git forum at:
> 
> http://gitforum.freeforums.org/
> (will purchase a git specific domain once I get the required
> donations...I'm too poor to buy one myself)
> 
> The forum might also help move some newbies off this mailing list and
> provide a place for the Git community to discuss stuff. It is hoped that
> this forum will be the main site Git users will visit when they want
> help and want to discuss Git topics with other Git users. This forum
> will allow the Git community discuss with each other and by doing so
> create an excellent online reference on the web for others to read and
> get help. A place for Git users to help other Git users. Donations are
> set up so the site can afford to buy a git specific domain and pay for
> improvements to the site. Once I get enough money I'll purchase
> gitforum.com or something. Any donations will go to the improvement of
> the site. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the forum.
> 
> I am also looking for moderators if anyones interested. Just PM me in
> the forum. Dylan.

I might be interested in this, but why the web forum format?  Why not 
just set up a git-users mailing list instead?  Archive it on the web if 
you want, but a mailing list is more suited to this kind of thing.. or 
better yet a newsgroup.  I usually read my mailing lists through gmane's 
NNTP server anyway (like this one).  

-- 
Kenneth P. Turvey <[email-masked]>