Subject: Re: Commit cce8d6fdb introduces file t/t5100/nul, git tree is now incompatible with Cygwin (and probably Windows)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 23:39:31 +0200

Wincent Colaiuta wrote:

> El 28/5/2008, a las 17:53, Lea Wiemann escribió:
>> Wincent Colaiuta wrote:
>>> El 28/5/2008, a las 8:12, Junio C Hamano escribió:
>>>>
>>>> Perhaps we should remove the infamous gitweb/test/Märchen file
>>>
>>> [...] I'd much rather see this kind of thing  tested from within  
>>> the test suite rather than every time I do "git  status" or "git  
>>> checkout".
>>
>> I don't believe the Märchen file is actually used in any test code,  
>> so removing it should be fine.  If/when we actually write test code  
>> for gitweb, it seems to me that we might as well generate such test  
>> files on the fly from within the test suite, rather than having them  
>> in the file system permanently.
> 
> Yes, that's exactly what I intended my comment to imply. Test at test  
> time, not every time I do "git status" and "git checkout" etc.

I think it is remainder (the whole gitweb/test/ directory) from the
times when gitweb was separate project, and not part of git.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git