Subject: Re: [BUG] git-gui loose object warning every hour

From: Michael Gebetsroither <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:40:25 +0200

* Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Michael Gebetsroither <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> The loose object warning from git-gui poped up 3 times in the last 4
>> hours (i've gc'ed the repo every time).
>
> This isn't a per-hour warning.  What's happening is there are loose
> objects which git-gc has not pruned away.  Try running git-prune in
> the repository to decrease the loose object count.

I've clicked yes (to remove the loose objects) on every popup of the
loose object warning dialog.

>> I've already set gc.auto=0 so i do _NOT_ want git to do anything
>> automatically.
>
> Hmm.  Maybe git-gui should look at this flag on startup and if set
> simply not perform the loose object count check.

That would be nice, yes.

cu,
michael
-- 
It's already too late!