Subject: Re: Running git gui on Windows.

From: Jurko Gospodnetić <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:55:31 +0200

Hi.

>   Is there a way to run git gui on Windows so it does not block the 
> calling process?
> 
>   For example, when I run 'git gui' from the Windows Command Prompt, I 
> would like to be able to continue using that same command prompt and not 
> have it blocked until I exit the started git gui process.
> 
>   I am using msysgit on Windows XP SP3 and 'git --version' states 'git 
> version 1.5.6.1.1071.g76fb'.

   I now realized my question did not say exactly what I intended it to. 
I know I can start 'git gui' using:

   start "" /b cmd /c git gui

   from the command prompt and get the desired effect. I was wondering 
why git gui does not do this in the first place and whether it could be 
modified so that this is the default behaviour?

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić