Subject: [StGit] StGit documentation on its configuration file usage.

From: Jurko Gospodnetić <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:01:55 +0200

Hi.

   StGIT's project page links to the 
http://wiki.procode.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi/StGIT_Tutorial page for its 
tutorial information.

   There the 'Configuration file' notes state that StGIT uses 
/etc/stgitrc, ~/.stgitrc and then .git/stgitrc configuration files in 
that order and that there is an example configuration file under the 
examples folder. However, grepping through the StGIT sources I found no 
references to the stgitrc file but only wrappers for using the native 
GIT configuration system. Also, looking at the examples folder I found 
only an example that seems to indicate that StGIT's configuration 
options should be integrated with other regular GIT configuration options.

   Did I miss something? Or is this wiki information outdated?

   Testing this I see that StGIT does not read the git configuration 
correctly on Windows with msysgit anyway, but that's a story for a 
different thread.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić