Subject: [QGit] Can't compile under windows (MSVC2008)

From: Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:31:29 +0200

Hello,

I tried to follow README_WIN.txt:

C:\devel\qgit\qgit4>qmake qgit.pro

The Makefile (attached to this mail) seems to be correctly generated in 
the same directory (C:\devel\qgit\qgit4).

Then, under MSVC2008 Express, I get this error:

1>------ Début de la génération : Projet : qgit, Configuration : Debug 
Win32 ------
1>Actions de projet Makefile en cours
1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits rÚservÚs.
1> cd src\ && "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 
9.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe" debug
1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022.08
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits rÚservÚs.
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1073: incapable d'obtenir 'src\\Makefile'
1>Stop.
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd'á: code retour '0x2'
1>Stop.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: Un outil a retourné un code d'erreur à partir 
de "Actions de projet Makefile en cours"
1>Le journal de génération a été enregistré à l'emplacement 
"file://c:\devel\qgit\qgit4\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>qgit - 3 erreur(s), 0 avertissement(s)
========== Génération : 0 a réussi, 1 a échoué, 0 mis à jour, 0 a été 
ignoré ==========

Idea someone?

Wouldn't it be nice to use CMake instead of qmake so that the MSVC 
solution is generated directly?

Abdel.