Subject: Possible problem in --pretty=reference?

From: Dirk Gouders <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2025 14:25:22 +0100

I just did a commit to code I am working on ([1] gives you a link to the
full repo) and noticed that --pretty=reference seems to not like my
commit message:

This is the output of `git log`:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 93abaadcb0150e3555c91ff1f136cb029da87c0f (HEAD -> next)
Author: Dirk Gouders <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Dec 12 13:54:36 2025 +0100

    line.normalized: fix a comment and a call of lsp_mdup2str() in the code

    When .normalized of lsp_line_t was given a null-terminator
    (ee7b96f (lsp_normalize: null-terminate returned data, 2025-12-03))
    a comment in lsp_line_t has been overseen.

    Fix this now.

    Further, at one location, .normalized is still copied with lsp_mdup2str()
    which isn't longer necessary.  That still works but doesn't show that we
    know, .normalized is null-terminated.

    Fix this by using lsp_mdup(), instead.

    Fixes: ee7b96f (lsp_normalize: null-terminate returned data, 2025-12-03)
    Signed-off-by: Dirk Gouders <[email-masked]>
------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the output of `git log --pretty=reference`:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
93abaad (line.normalized: fix a comment and a call of lsp_mdup2str() in the code, 2025-12-12)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

All other commits look good with --pretty=reference...

Regards,

Dirk

[1] https://github.com/dgouders/lsp/tree/next