Subject: [PATCH 2/3] doc: gitcvs-migration: replace config -l and rephrase

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2026 22:48:09 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

Replace `git config -l` with the subcommand `list` since `-l`
is deprecated.

Let’s also change the phrasing around the `linkgit` while we’re visiting
this file.

The Git documentation pages are both manual pages and HTML pages, and in
any case we already use the section syntax to refer to them. So we don’t
have to say “the _ man page”; we can be a bit more concise and only lean
on the preposition “in”.

And in order to avoid this double “git”:

    see `git config list` in git-config(1) ...

We can rephrase to the subcommand, which is a typical pattern (config or
option followed by “in git-command(1)”).

Signed-off-by: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>
---

Notes (series):
    But this does make it more difficult to find back to later.

 Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc b/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
index 1cd1283d0f8..905d08cd5f9 100644
--- a/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
+++ b/Documentation/gitcvs-migration.adoc
@@ -49,8 +49,7 @@ them first before running git pull.
 ================================
 The 'pull' command knows where to get updates from because of certain
 configuration variables that were set by the first 'git clone'
-command; see `git config -l` and the linkgit:git-config[1] man
-page for details.
+command; see the subcommand `list` in linkgit:git-config[1] for details.
 ================================
 
 You can update the shared repository with your changes by first committing
-- 
2.53.0.32.gf6228eaf9cc