Subject: border-case/general git test repository

From: Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:54:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

partly because of laziness, partly out of curiosity I was wondering if 
anyone had a (relatively small) test-repository lying around, that 
especially stresses the output (not really the integrity of the data) of 
git and all kinds of different combinations of operations.

We could really use it for GitX, as GitX parses the output of git and 
everytime we think we have found/fixed a glitch in the display we 
discover some new case. For example we just noticed that we didn't 
detect file-mode changes, and after we implemented that we thought that, 
of course, a file can change its mode and content at the same time...  
and so on ;)

So things we're looking for are things that usually don't happen that 
often (because of obscureness or because of convention respected by 
people) but are still perfectly valid output that our/other programs 
could trip over.

Greetings,
Jojo

-- 
Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
http://hackvalue.de/heipei/
GPG-Key: 0x42F6DE81
GPG-Fingerprint: BB49 F967 775E BB52 3A81  882C 58EE B178 42F6 DE81