Subject: Re: jabber notifications for git commits

From: Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:27:51 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-02-04, Thomas Koch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is it possible to integrate jabber and git so that I get notified when
> new commits are available on our central git repo host?

Well, the problem isn't really in the hooks but in how to connect to a 
Jabber-server. For the few svn-repos I'm using (on my own server that 
is) I'm using xmpp4r (a Ruby-jabber implementation). svn triggers a 
commit-hook which calls my ruby-script and supplies the jabber-contacts 
with commit-message, changed files and so on.

You can find the ruby-script here: 
http://avalon.hoffentlich.net/~heipei/tmp/jabber_notification.rb and 
have fun adapting it to your needs and making sure that xmpp4r is 
installed ;)

> I need to install some hook on the git server, of course.

If you can't get xmpp4r onto the host that is the master for your 
project you could always put a hook there that pushes new changes to 
another host and calls xmpp4r there.

Greetings,
Jojo

-- 
Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
http://hackvalue.de/heipei/
GPG-Key: 0x42F6DE81
GPG-Fingerprint: BB49 F967 775E BB52 3A81  882C 58EE B178 42F6 DE81