Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/1] repack: avoid loosening promisor objects in partial clones

From: Rafael Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:54:06 +0200

Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When `git repack -A -d` is run in a partial clone, `pack-objects`
>> is invoked twice: once to repack all promisor objects, and once to
>> repack all non-promisor objects. The latter `pack-objects` invocation
>> is with --exclude-promisor-objects and --unpack-unreachable, which
>> loosens all unused objects. Unfortunately, this includes promisor
>> objects.
>
> s/loosens all unused objects/loosens all objects unused during this invocation/
>

Thanks, will include this change in v3.

>> [snip] The --keep-pack option takes only a packfile name, but we
>> concatenate both the path and the name in a single string. Instead,
>> let's split them into separate string in order to easily pass the
>> packfile name later.
>
> I think mentioning this part is unnecessary in the commit message.
>

make sense. I'll remove then to reduce the commit message.

> With or without these changes, this patch looks good to me.

Thanks for the review.

-- 
Thanks
Rafael