Subject: Re: gitweb sets incorrect <base> header

From: Giuseppe Bilotta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:22:13 +0200

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 14:41, Peter Simons wrote:
> after a recent gitweb update to revision v1.6.3-rc3-12-gb79376c, the CGI now
> generates an incorrect <base> header. For example, the first "patch" on the
> page
> 
>   http://git.cryp.to/fastcgi/commitdiff/9ad9965b3fa293c458df14391f181f2f8f1197cd
> 
> erroneously refer to http://git.cryp.to/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi#patch1, but that

Both in Konqueror and Opera the patch link on that page refers to 

http://git.cryp.to/fastcgi/patch/9ad9965b3fa293c458df14391f181f2f8f1197cd

which is quite correct.

> page doesn't exist. It appears that $base_url is not determined correctly.
> 
> Does anyone have a clue how that problem can be fixed?

OTOH by looking at the source I see

<base href="http://git.cryp.to/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi" />

which doesn't seem correct at all. Do you have something in the gitweb config
that may be hard-coding the base url?

-- 
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta