Subject: Re: Team Coherence to Git conversion

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:00:29 +0200

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> 
> Huh.  TC reminds me of PVCS Version Manager.  Lots of hype on

Team Coherence was quite popular with the Delphi developers, seeing that
it was written in Delphi (Object Pascal). Anyway, looking at it even
compared to Subversion, it is a weird way of doing revision control.
Revisions are based on a per file basis and not as an atomic commit
(snapshot of whole repository status) like SubVersion or Git does. If
you wanted a snapshot of a point in time of the whole repository, you
had to create a Label. :-(  Ideas change over time I guess. :-)

> nobody here has even heard of TC before.  You are on your own to
> write an import tool.
> You might want to look at using git-fast-import to handle the git

No problems.  And thanks for the hint on git-fast-import. I'll read
up on that a bit later.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/