Subject: Re: 'git svn fetch' keeps giving a error after freezing

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:51:21 +0200

Eric Wong wrote:
> 
> Does restarting "git svn fetch" work?  Can you checkout exactly that
> revision from SVN itself?  It could be an extremely large file that
> SVN has trouble serving, but as far as I can tell it's a problem
> with the server or your connection and not with git svn.

We have a 4MB ADSL connection to our office. Yes, "git svn fetch" does 
continue for a while, then bombs out again. This morning I saw for the 
first time in 2 days new revisions being pulled in, so clearly that one 
revision was a very large one. But still today, the "git svn fetch" 
bombs out at least every 30 minutes, so I have to constantly keep 
restarting it.

I have no idea what the remote server's internet connection is like. I 
just know pulling in 14,000 revisions by restarting every 30 minutes is 
going to take a damn long time. ;-)

[  I have SVN! Git is SO much faster!  ]

Regards,
   - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/