Subject: Re: default aliases (ci, di, st, co)

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:01:55 +0200

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> [alias]
>     ci = commit
>     di = diff --color-words
>     st = status
>     co = checkout

I also gave from SVN and I must admit, I did create co, st, ci aliases, 
but basically never used them, so removed them since. Git is not SVN, so 
why treat it as such.

Alternatively, you can put your alias somewhere on a wiki or personal 
web page and just refer user to look at your alias list, instead of 
having to explain to them every time why your git commands are 
non-standard. It might save you some time and effort - in the long run.

Or just learn the full git commands. ;-)

Regards,
   - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/