Subject: Re: Pushing to GitHub doesn't push all branches

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:07:43 +0200

Michael J Gruber wrote:
> 
> You really mirrored your repo: All your "lost" branches are remotes on
> the github side as well. That has two consequences:

The two branches that are of most importance to me, is "trunk" and 
"fixes_2_2" as found in the SubVersion repository.

refs/remotes/trunk
refs/remotes/fixes_2_2

So should I have only pushed the above mentioned branches, but as "true" 
heads in GitHub. Geesh, I hope I am understanding what I am typing, 
because I feel a bit lost now. :-)

Is there any way to clean up the mess available on GitGub? So that 'git 
ls-remote ...' will only show the real remotes.... Or should there be no 
remotes on GitHub?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to Git and it feels like I jumped into the deap 
end here. ;-)

> (assuming there are only svn branches) into proper heads on github, i.e.
> a refspec like '+refs/remotes/*:refs/*' for your pushes.

I'll read the man pages on what that refspec means...  If I manage to 
only push 'trunk' which is master under git and 'fixes_2_2' which will 
be some other name under git, how to I keep both those in sync with the 
SubVersion repository.

At the moment I have a cronjob that executes the following every 30 minutes.
====================
cd /mnt/samba/git/fpc.git/
$GIT checkout master
$GIT svn rebase
$GIT gc --auto
$GIT push origin master
====================

Does 'git svn rebase' get all branch or does it just update "master" 
(Trunk from SubVersion)?

I apologise for all the questions...

Regards,
   - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/