Subject: Rewrite history then pull repository?

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:42:42 +0200

Hi,

I pushed a repository to Github (a mirror of SubVersion repository). I 
then had some screwup with 'git svn rebase' when I should have used 'git 
svn fetch'.  Anyway I managed to fix the issue locally and then forced 
the push to GitHub. This rewrote the history for the HEAD commit and 
gave it a different date and SHA1.

What will now happen to developers that cloned the repository before the 
  history rewrite and then do a 'git pull' after the history rewrite? 
Will git automatically sort out the mess, or is it going to post some 
warning? The content of that screwed up commit stayed exactly the same, 
only the date of the commit changed which then generated a different SHA1.

If a warning, what must they do to resolve the issue on there PC's?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/