Subject: Re: pushing specific branches to a public mirror repos

From: Graeme Geldenhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:11:59 +0200

Johannes Sixt wrote:
> 
> You can have more than one push line in the config:
> 
>     push = +refs/remotes/trunk:refs/heads/trunk
>     push = +refs/remotes/fixes_2_2:refs/heads/fixes_2_2

Excellent, thanks. I thought about that, but wasn't sure and did not 
want to try because I already screwed up the GitHub mirror once before.

 >     push = +refs/remotes/trunk:refs/heads/trunk

Must this stay as is, or must I push 'remotes/trunk' to 'heads/master'?

      push = +refs/remotes/trunk:refs/heads/trunk
vs
      push = +refs/remotes/trunk:refs/heads/master

 From my server...
$ git ls-remote github
6b9b6460aa79a4b86c6bb1535b78e4fc555f89d5	HEAD
6b9b6460aa79a4b86c6bb1535b78e4fc555f89d5	refs/heads/master

My local "master" branch is currently tracking the refs/remotes/trunk, 
but for some reason (which I don't understand), if I do a 'git svn 
fetch' by default master branch is not updated. I still have to run 'git 
svn rebase -l' to get master in sync. Is there something I can change in 
the config to automate that as well?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

-- 
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/