Subject: Re: git clone: very long "resolving deltas" phase

From: Vitaly Berov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:58:44 +0400

On 04/09/2010 11:25 PM, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>>
>> Objects amount: 3997548.
>> Size of the repository: ~57Gb.
>
> OK.  You probably have a size record.  :-)
That's game development. We have ~100 artists who produce text and 
binary files as "sources". FYI, the "end client version" is ~2.5GB.

> How big is the .pack file in .git/objects/pack/ ?
~56Gb

>
>> By the way, we have a large amount of binary files in our rep.
>
> How many?  How big?

Total amount of files ~400000, amount of binaries ~200000.
Distribution of sizes:  5% of 4M - 32K, 5% of 32K - 12K, 12K - 6K, 6K - 
4K, 4K - 2.5K, 2.5K - 2.3K, 2.3K - 2K, the rest

Vitaly

P.S. By the way, msysgit can't handle this repository, blocker bug is:
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/issues/detail?id=365&q=mmap&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Component%20Owner%20Summary.
So I thinking about stopping the evaluation, though I like git 
(especially after a long subversion experience :))