Subject: Re: groff .ft command use in asciidoc

From: Alejandro Riveira Fernández <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:47:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:15:16 -0600, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> 
> This is in my opinion a bug: unless you use ASCIIDOC_NO_ROFF, git's
> asciidoc.conf will include raw roff directives in the docbook markup it
> generates.  And then docbook will escape the periods, producing the
> output you see.
> 
> The workaround is very simple: set ASCIIDOC_NO_ROFF to nonempty when you
> build documentation.

 I use make quick-install-man which, afaik, installs man pages 
"prerendered" from the man branch and i see the same artifact.
 
 So can those man pages be rendered with this workaraound?
 
 Thanks

> Hope that helps,
> Jonathan