Subject: Re: How can I do an automatic stash when doing a checkout?

From: DeMarcus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:46:29 +0100

On 2011-12-19 18:24, Holger Hellmuth wrote:
> On 18.12.2011 16:10, DeMarcus wrote:
>>> You probably don't want to use stash. Just commit whatever partial work
>>> you've done.
>>>
>>
>> It feels strange doing a commit of partial work. Some of the files may
>> not even be supposed to be checked in.
>
> You have heard of "git commit --amend" ? Makes partial commits really
> easy to work with.
>
>

Yes, I know that one. It's just that I know myself, I don't really like 
to go back rearranging. I prefer to keep things spread out at first and 
then inserted properly when it's time. But maybe I'm just unused to the 
git workflow.