Subject: filtering out mode-change-only changes

From: "Neal Kreitzinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:31:13 -0600

What is the best way to filter out the "mode change only" entries from a 
"name-status diff result" listing of changed files?

Reason-for-this:
get a list of files whose content changed and feed that list into a 
gui-diff-tool for visual review of "merge" (rebase) results.

Partial-Solutions:
--name-status does not have mode-change info.
--raw has mode change info but I would have to parse it out and compare it 
myself.
--summary has that info, but not the content modification info.

Before I write a script to discern "mode-change-only changes" and remove 
them from the list of changed files (thus leaving only content-changed files 
in the list), I'd like to see if there is some way that git 
already-does-this-for-you, or if someone already has a script that does 
this.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

v/r,
neal