Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] cocci: remove "the_repository" wrapper macros

From: Glen Choo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 11:08:23 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>>     +    Once we've fully applied "the_repository.pending.cocci" we'll keep
>>     +    this rules around for a while in "the_repository.cocci", to help any
>>     +    outstanding topics and out-of-tree code to resolve textual or semantic
>>     +    conflicts with these changes, but eventually we'll remove the
>>     +    "the_repository.cocci" as a follow-up.
>>     +
>>     +    So even if some of these functions are subsequently moved and/or split
>>     +    into other or new headers there's no risk of this becoming stale, if
>>     +    and when that happens the we should be removing these rules anyway.
>>     +
>>          Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
>
> Are people happy with the result?  I think the previous round was
> both read carefully on the central piece of the series, with some
> spot checks to mechanical parts, and with the above clarification
> the series is ready to be merged down to 'next'.

Likewise, I'm also happy to see this merged to 'next'.

My comments on v1 were sanity-checking how we use coccinelle in this
series, not any actual objection :)