Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 13/22] hash-ll.h: split out of hash.h to remove dependency on repository.h

From: Glen Choo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 10:50:34 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> hash-ll.h doesn't depend on repository.h, but these functions' bodies
>> use the_hash_algo. Does it matter?
>
> That's a good point.  I think eventually moving these functions from
> hash-ll.h to hash.h on this basis makes sense.  But I kind of view
> this series (and its predecessors) as focusing on cleaning up header
> dependencies, with the idea that hopefully we'd go through and do
> further cleanup of dependencies of C files that would likely result in
> further changes to some of the headers.

Yeah, for simplicity, keeping this series header-only makes sense.

>> Moving the functions to hash.h requires changing 8 files to #include
>> "hash.h", all of which seem to be because they were getting hash-ll.h
>> indirectly via object-name.h.
>
> Yeah, seems like a reasonable further change.  Are you okay with that
> being in a future series, or do you think it should be included in
> this one?

Let's do this in a later series. As you mentioned, there are probably a
lot of other clean ups that make sense, but this series is already a
good step forward, and keeping those clean ups out makes this easier to
review.